Teaching Excellence Framework GOLD AWARD
28th September 2023
The School has been awarded an overall ‘Gold’ rating in the 2023 Teaching Excellence Framework, achieving a Gold award for both Student Experience and Student Outcomes.
We are delighted that, having chosen to participate in the Teaching Excellence Framework 2023 exercise, Rambert School has achieved the highest overall rating of Gold (‘Outstanding’), supported by having achieved a Gold rating in the two areas of Student Experience and Student Outcomes upon which the School was assessed.
In its assessment of Rambert School’s Student Experience, the TEF Panel noted:
• Across the student experience aspect as a whole, outstanding features predominate, across teaching and learning, assessment, course content, the impacts of research, professional practice and industry engagement
• Academic support and the wider learning environment, learning resources and student engagement in improvement are particularly strong
• Course content and delivery clearly inspire the provider’s students to actively engage in and commit to their learning, and they are stretched to develop knowledge and skills to their fullest potential… this feature is of outstanding quality
• The provider clearly uses research in relevant disciplines, innovation, professional practice and industry engagement to contribute to a demonstrably outstanding academic experience for its students…this feature is outstanding quality
• The provider delivers typically outstanding quality for all its groups of students, including students from underrepresented groups
In its assessment of Rambert School’s Student Outcomes, the TEF Panel noted:
• The provider delivers outstanding quality outcomes for all its groups of students, including students from underrepresented groups
• Programme delivery at the provider is of high quality, noting that teaching was well structured, clearly applied to learning outcomes and incorporated formative in-class feedback both as a group and on an individual basis
• The provider deploys and tailors approaches that are highly effective in ensuring its students succeed in and progress beyond their studies… this is therefore an outstanding feature
• The provider supports outstanding rates of continuation and completion for all its’ groups of students across all courses
• The panel considered that there are outstanding rates of progression for the provider’s students and courses
The Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) is a national scheme run by the Office for Students (OfS) that aims to encourage higher education providers to improve and deliver excellence in the areas that students care about the most: teaching, learning and achieving positive outcomes from their studies.
Rambert School participated in the previous iteration of the TEF in 2018 as part of the Conservatoire for Dance & Drama which was also awarded a Gold rating. Rambert School’s Gold TEF Award will be in place for four years from September 2023.