Fresh Fridays with Protein Dance
8th February 2019
Fresh Fridays is a Rambert School initiative where each week we are joined by a leading company member, associate artist or guest choreographer. The Students are exposed to different ways of working and current industry insights in both ballet and contemporary. They have the chance to learn new choreography, company repertoire, audition technique and career development amongst many other topics.
This week we are joined by Protein Dance. Here’s five things you should know:
- Protein was founded in 1997 by Italian Luca Silvestrini and Swiss Bettina Strickler, who attended Trinity Laban together as students
- Protein has toured throughout the United Kingdom and internationally, with performances in Italy, Spain, Denmark, Switzerland, France, Germany, Croatia, Malta, Czech Republic, Holland, Canada and the USA.
- Protein works with cross-generational casts, schools to encourage dance participation, young children in hospital and with refugees.
- Border tales was performed in 2013 and 2014 and show was performed for the longest run The Place has presented.
- Themes in their work include consumerism, online relationships and obsession with body image.
Find out more about Protein dance here.