International Students

EU and International Students

Rambert School has a world-leading reputation, but is still an intimate school with up to 50 students accepted onto the FD/BA Degree course each year. Students typically live close to the School, often within walking distance, and there is a strong community spirit and “family feel” to the School.

Each year applications are received from all over the world. The current student body is made up of students originating from seventeen different countries and more than 45% of students are from outside the UK. The diversity of cultures at the School enhances creativity and broadens the overall learning experience.

Overseas Auditions
Rambert School currently hold auditions in Australia, Canada, Japan, and USA for entry to the FD/BA Degree course.  There are no further overseas auditions for entry in September 2017 however applications remain open for video auditions. Please refer to details below or visit How to Apply.


Enquire about Overseas Auditions

English Language Support

Students who do not have English as a first language are able to access support via our specialist ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages) tutor who provides weekly group sessions.  Non-native English speakers are encouraged to attend these classes.  There is also additional English language support offered to Japanese students.

See details on Accommodation on the Student Support page.

Useful Links

UK Visas and Immigration

UK Council for International Student Affairs

UK Home Office website

If you require assistance or would like further information about the visa application process or life as an international student, please contact the Admissions Manager

Film Application process

Students who are resident outside the UK may submit a video audition with their application form via Vimeo/YouTube. Details of what to include:

  • A short introduction of yourself and why you would like to join Rambert School.
  • Barre work (approx. 10 minutes)
  • Centre work to include adage, Pirouettes and allegro (approx. 10 Minutes)
  • Centre Point Work (for Ladies)
  • Contemporary Solo (no longer than 3 minutes) or Sequence ( no longer than 5 minutes)

Enquire about Video Auditions

Fees and finance for EU students

Fees for EU students applying for the FD/BA (Hons) Degree courses in Ballet and Contemporary Dance for 201-18 are currently set at £9,250. At present this fee is supplemented by government grants provided through the Conservatoire to reach the full training cost of approximately £17,850 per year.

Fees for non-EU students

Non-EU international students will be required to pay the full cost of their tuition. Course fees for the year 2017-18 are £17,850 for overseas students. The level of this course fee may be increased in subsequent years of study by an inflationary amount determined by Government as set out in the terms and conditions and school fees policy, section three. The Maximum total course fees for the three years of your course will therefore be approx. £53,550 plus an inflationary increase.



Find details on Fees & Finance

Statement by Student Loans Company on EU Referendum

Applying for a Visa
Rambert School holds a Tier 4 sponsor license and is registered with UK Visas and Immigration in order to recruit non-EU/EEA/Swiss students.
Students with a passport issued in the European Union (EU), European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland do not currently need a visa to study in the UK. This includes those students with dual nationalities (people with two or more nationalities) who use their EU/EEA/Swiss passport to enter the UK.
Non-EU/EEA/Swiss students will need to apply for the Tier 4 (General) student visa.
A Confirmation of Acceptance (CAS) number is required for this application and students will be assigned a CAS number upon receipt of their deposit and, where applicable, verification of English language aptitude.
Further information on the application procedure and English language requirements for a Tier 4 (General) student visa can be found here:

Guidance for Tier4 student visa

Please note, visa requirements for non-EU/EEA/Swiss students coming to study in the UK are subject to change. We advise applicants to visit the UKVI website for the most up-to-date information and guidance on the visa application procedure.